Monday, December 5, 2011

Three Weeks.



Oh poop. I’ve already stalled. No weight loss for a week, despite keeping rigorously to less than 500 calories on my down days, and averaging about 1800 on the up. This is the sticking point where dogged persistence comes into play yet again.

The nagging questions begin again: Is it water weight, or a real stall? Am I eating enough protein? Too many carbs? Not enough cardio? (Well, still none yet… tomorrow, right?) Is my body just adjusting for the next week of loss, or is the macronutrients or calorie ratios going to need tweaking?

I am a daily weigher, because I like to see what the response is from the scale, first thing in the morning. And yes, as a long-time dieter, I know all about how the scale “lies” with water weight. I still like to average out per week based on daily fluctuations.

The problem now lies with the fact that the daily average is a big donut hole. So I hunker down and make minimal changes right now, and give the diet a chance to sort itself out, because next comes radical changes, and I hate to go there until I need the big guns for that last amount of stubborn fat I never seem to be able to get to.

I usually give up 30-60 lbs. too soon. Not this time. I’m a slow loser, but this time I will have patience, fortitude, and the will to just keep slogging, one slow, clawed, scaly, turtle foot at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment