Monday, November 28, 2011

Two Weeks.



 So. It’s been two weeks today since starting the JUDDD Experiment, and I have to say, I am impressed, intrigued, and annoyed.

Color me impressed, because today I weighed in at 208.5. That is roughly five pounds of weight loss in two weeks. This diet has not only broken my low-carb, post-induction stall, (always such a fun challenge right out of the gate), but JUDDD has given me a normalized range of weight loss. It is the expected (but often unrealized) reward for staying within the parameters of caloric restriction. It is the holy grail. It is the be-all and end-all, to finally (!) be rewarded with a standard of reduction most people take for granted. Calories out > calories in = weight loss, but not for me, not for a very long time now.

Color me intrigued. How long can these results be expected? The posts I’ve read on a particular low carb forum say indefinitely. Johnson’s book says indefinitely. I am counting on this, but it’s way too early to say I can do this for the rest of my life. I am also intrigued by the lack of cravings and appetite on “down” days, and the lack of desire to binge eat on “up” days. This makes it easier to keep this dietary approach going for a bit longer, to see if the other purported benefits of this diet will make an appearance.

Color me annoyed because these benefits have NOT appeared yet, and I am speaking only of energy. The posters from that forum following JUDDD have reported a burst of energy that I have not seen yet. I am simply dragged out on “down” days. I literally run out of steam partway through the day, and need a nap. Again, this may change. It’s very early in the diet, and I may not have had the full effects come into play yet.

I am also not happy about fasting, it’s unnatural to have 500 calories in one day, and even more so to have them all in liquid form for the first two weeks. Since those two weeks of Induction are done, I now need to plan my “down” days so my calorie and protein needs are met.

In an aside, I have to say my husband is very supportive. He has always been patient with the money I’ve spent over the years on all the supplements, shakes, powders, vitamins, protein bars, low-carb snacks, low-fat snacks, subscriptions to diet programs, workout videos, and other assorted crap I’ve lugged into the house.

Maybe now I can finally become the woman he never had the chance to meet before becoming encased in too much fat. I am beginning to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment