Monday, January 30, 2012

Eleven Weeks.

Well, the water weight game is continuing. It has brought me back up today to 197.8, and it's annoying as hell, because once again, the wondering starts, whether the diet needs tweaking or not.

I tend to believe not (yet), only because I have been taking an antihistamine for the the entire time the bloat has been hanging around, almost three weeks now. It's called Bonine, and I've been using it for the vertigo attack I got on January 12. Today is the 30th, and by Jan 22 the weight loss had not only stopped fluctuating, it started reversing. On the 26th I added Flonase, a corticosteroid, and that has also been associated with water retention.

I am not a happy girl. The obvious solution would be to stop taking Bonine (it's also messing with my thinking processes, big time), but then the room starts to jitter and jog. Wedesday I see an audiologist who will be performing the Epley Maneuver, designed to put things back where they belong so the vertigo can subside. The Flonase stops after today.

I literally can't wait to see this doctor. I will stop using the Bonine tonight so the effects wear off and I can tell better if the maneuver is working. If it does work, I can then gauge what the diet is doing under five pounds of water weight.

This is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment